Friday, March 5, 2010

Bags of my childhood

I was never a handbag kinda girl. But thanks to my late mother who was totally a "bag lady" - I've grown a love for handbags and inherited some her fabulous pieces. But I like my bags big - none of this dainty, barely-can-fit-my-wallet-and-iPhone nonsense. I also prefer shoulder straps or the ability to sling my bag across my body messenger-style. I guess its the years of school that have cultivated a desire sport my bag like a school kid :P

So when I saw Giles Deacon's fabulous fuzzy monster bag on Racked - I smiled with delight! I've always loved Giles Deacon as a designer and more so, for his fantastically cute and quirky hand bags he includes in his collections. He first caught my eye during his Spring 2010 RTW collection with the metallic triceratops bags - impossible to obtain of course, because all the magazines were requesting them for editorials and no one was giving them back. Dammit! Now, with his Fall 2010 RTW collection - he accessorizes his line with a fabulous fuzzy monster bag, reminescent of Hayao Miyazaki's Susuwatari dust bunnies from Hayao Miyazaki's Totoro film and I so desperately want one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment