Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cleanse me Clean

This week I embark on my Wild Rose Herbal Detox cleanse for 12 days. I've been procrastinating this cleanse for a while ever since I purchased it in Vancouver in February from an organic grocery store. I've done a cleanse before but it's been a while, so I thought I'd give one a try since I heard good reviews on it. I've never done a cleanse which has a recommended menu before - so this was certainly going to be a challenge. Especially since many of the foods I love are on the DO NOT EAT list. So here's what I have to abstain from over the next 12 days:
Cheese
Dairy
Anything with flour (eg. bread, pasta, crackers)
Peanuts (Peanut Butter too)
Sugar
Dried Fruit
Coffee
Shellfish
Processed cereal
Candy
Ice Cream
Mushrooms
Tropical Fruit
No processed foods or snacks
Grapes
Yogurt
Anything fermented: eg. miso, wine, beer

So far, I've only broken it once - while having a fab dinner with a friend at Jean Georges' Spice Market in Meatpacking :P But the cleanse has been pretty effective so far and I'm only on day 3! :) Thankfully my FreshDirect order came in today with tons of yummy vegetables - so I think I'm all set for the next 9 days and more! Here's to eating healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment